Sunday, May 10, 2020

...Words

The last few months have been quite the roller-coaster, wonderfully so, in the way the Lord has been working in my life. So many incredible miracles have happened, and my Book of Mormon studies today has been an accurate reflection of how I feel about it. Interestingly enough, today, on Mother's day 2020, that chapter goes quite well with those feelings and it also has eternal and emotional significance for my fiancee Collette and I. With both of us being empaths, there are so many times where we get a little tongue tied because of the intensity and depth or our own emotions and that of others. We often don't really have words to express how we feel about something until we've have time to process it and sometimes we'll just be like "I feel like... umm... *sigh* ...words... what are they?" Well Ammon does a similar thing in Alma 26.

Verse 16 has become quite special to Collette and I. Pay attention to the end.

Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his great long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.
This Mothers day, this one goes out to my mom, my sisters, my amazing Lorraine and my incredible, precious, sweet Collette, about whom I cannot say the smallest part of that which I feel. I love you more that words can express my love, both of you.

You have brought out the deepest part of my heart in the most freeing and joyful ways I could possibly imagine and I know it will only get better from here. As verse 30-31 says in chapter 26 - with a little adjusting for the sake of expressing how I feel about you both - "And [I] have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps [I] might be the means of [blessing the life of women I love], and [I] supposed that [my] joy would be full if perhaps [I] could be the means of [blessing one.] Now behold, [I] can look forth and see the fruits of [my] labors; and are they few? I say unto you, Nay, they are many; yea, and [I] can witness of [your] sincerity, because of [your] love towards [others] and [your] love toward [me]."

You deserve the best and I will always give your the absolute best of myself that I possibly can. Your beautiful, celestial hearts, your incredible ability to love me both for who I am and who you have seen I can become, your patience with my weaknesses, your love of music and the joy that fills my soul every time you sing, bear testimony or speak of your faith in Christ, your encouraging my righteous goals, your affection and unmatched focus on Christ and all things Holy. I couldn't have dreamed for any better women in my life than you.

For all that you are and every will be... ...words.
Happy Mother's day my love, both of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment